A 16th-century Main Church, with three naves and a triple apse, it has three Manueline doorways and two interesting columns with sculpted shafts on which human figures can be seen.
On the façade, which was rebuilt after the 1755 earthquake, the magnificent main Manueline doorway is especially noteworthy, as is the pediment with interesting plasterwork decorations, typical of the second half of the 18th century.
Inside, the highlight is the Baroque altarpiece in the chancel, and the Capela das Almas (Chapel of Souls) where there is an 18th century altarpiece.
There is also an interesting collection of Baroque figurative tiles in the chancel. These show representations of different scenes from the Gospels and a scene of São Tiago (St James) fighting the Moors.